Write to Publish
Write to Publish 2016 will be held on January 30, at the Smith Memorial Student Hall. The conference starts at 9:00am and goes to 5:30pm, with a possible meet & greet afterwards. Thank you so much to everyone who attended or helped out with Write to Publish 2015. We raised over $5,000 for Ooligan Press and helped people make valuable connections for the future.
Registration is now open for Write to Publishing 2016! Visit the Write to Publish Registration Site for more information and to register for the conference.
- $100: Regular Admission
- $35: College Student
- $20: High School Student
- $10: Contest Entry Free (closing October 30!)
- $80: “For the Author in You Life” Discount Ticket
- $400: Five Ticket Bundle
- Interested in a group bundle discount for your high school group? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
About the Conference
Write to Publish began as a fundraiser and open house to inform the public about the publishing program at Portland State University and the nonprofit press, Ooligan, at the heart of the program. In 2009, Write to Publish grew into a conference with the goal of demystifying the publishing industry for emerging writers. Each year, Write to Publish provides writers’ workshops, panels, vendors, and speeches hosted by authors and industry professionals, as well as raffles and writing contests with exciting prizes. These events offer emerging writers information about the state of the publishing industry and advise them on how to navigate it successfully.
- Writing and Books and Donuts, oh my! - Well everybody, Write to Publish is over. Kellie and I worked on this event for about nine months, but it sometimes felt much longer. The amount of tiny details that needed to be thought of, written down, and planned for was completely insane. Do we have napkins? Enough of them? Will the attendees need spoons . . . Read more »
- Comic Book Writers Invited to Learn from the Best: Write to Publish 2016 - In the world of comic books, Portland ranks among huge metropolises like New York City, San Diego, and Los Angeles. This is largely due to the city’s rich history of comics and the many vibrant comic conventions held here. However, the main catalysts behind the success of Portland comics are the creative comic book writers . . . Read more »
- The Write to Publish Experience: A Perusal of the Event Program - With the Write to Publish 2016 (W2P2016) event program firmly in place, we’re seriously excited about the all-star lineup of panelists, workshop coordinators, vendors, and sponsors. With these contributors, it’s sure to be a day of invaluable learning, networking, and collaboration—but what exactly will the experience entail? The conference’s goal is to demystify the publishing . . . Read more »
Past Write to Publish conferences have focused on the publishing process, self and digital publishing, genre fiction, nonfiction, and New Adult. Over the years, many authors and publishing professionals have attended Write to Publish as panelists and speakers, including Ursula K. LeGuin, Chuck Palahniuk, Bernadette Baker-Baughman, Betsy Amster, Todd Sattersten, Michael McGregor, Paul Collins, Fiona Kenshole, Allison Moon, and more.